3rd Annual Gathering of the Clans Highland Festival
Time & Location
Gate Admission- access to all of the day events
All Day Package- Gate Admission, PLUS Pig Roast Supper & Ceilidh (dance)
- Note: The pig roast supper is offered EXCLUSIVELY in the All Day Package. For this reason, there will be a limited quantity of All Day Packages available and must be purchased in advance.
Click "More Details >" immediately below for more event details and FAQs
What is the Gathering of the Clans Highland Festival?
Gathering of the Clans Highland Festival (or GOTCHF, pronounced 'got-chehff') is a day full of Scottish activities, such as heavy events, highland dancing, a petting zoo, vendor village, and more. The day concludes with a pig-roast dinner, followed by a Ceilidh (dance) performed by the band Cabot's Crossing.
In 2019, we had over 900 people in attendance, along with 5 Clan Tents, 6 Demonstrators, 9 Alcohol and Food Vendors, 15 Forms of Entertainment, 31 Tents in the Vendor Village, and more. To get a visual for what GOTCHF has looked like in the past, check out the Gallery page on our website.
General Schedule of Events:
Gates & Market Open - 10:00am
Scheduled Entertainment Begins- 11:15am**
Opening Ceremonies - 11:00am
Closing Ceremonies - 3:30pm
Gates & Market Close - 4:00pm
Pig Roast Supper - 5:00pm
Ceilidh - 7:30pm
**see booked entertainment immediately below. A schedule of events is still to be finalized. If you have purchased your ticket, we will send you an email with the finalized scheduled of events when it's ready.
Entertainment & Demonstrators:
*Scheduled between 10:00am-3:30pm*
Heilan Coos (Highland Cows)
*Will be updated as entertainment is confirmed*
Family Clan Tents:
*Will be updated as clans are confirmed*
Artisan Vendors Attending:
Sewing by Selina
*Will be updated as vendors are confirmed*
This year we have All Seasons Pig Roast & Catering from Red Deer, AB providing the supper which includes:
BBQ Roasted Pig with Apple Sauce
Fresh Dinner Buns
Garlic Caesar Salad
and of course dessert!
*There are a limited number of supper tickets available, therefore supper will only be offered in the package deal.*
*There will be a food truck with alternatives available*
Ceilidh (Dance)- pronounced kay-lee
A ceilidh is a Scottish word for a social gathering involving dancing and live music. What better way to conclude the day than by dancing the night away to the music of Cabot's Crossing! And in true Scottish spirit, there will of course be a bar!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is GOTCHF happening?
- Yes! With the Alberta announcement of 'Open for Summer' effective July 1, the lifting of restrictions will allow us to continue hosting GOTCHF.
Will I need to wear a mask?
- As masks will remain a municipal decision after July 1, the Town of Sedgewick has decided to follow whatever the current provincal regulations are. Assuming that masks are not mandatory for our community, masks would also not be mandatory for you. However, if you prefer to wear a mask, you are more than welcome to. You could maybe even order a custom tartan mask to wear in the spirit of Scottish pride! Check out our online store for in stock masks, or to request a custom one.
Is there a chance that GOTCHF will be cancelled?
- Unfortunately, yes. As an outdoor public gathering event, the status of our event is dependant on the provincial restrictions in place.
Do I need to bring my ticket with me?
- Yes! Please bring a copy of your ticket(s) with you to ensure checkin goes as smoothly as possible
Will I be able to buy my tickets in person on the day of the event?
- You will definitely be able to buy gate admission tickets on the day of the event! However, All Day Packages (gate access, supper & ceilidh) are sold in a limited quantity due to limited supper availablility and will therefore not be available on the day of the event. We also recommend buying the tickets (even Gate Admission tickets) in advance so that you receive our email updates.
How do I know which ticket option to choose?
- First, decide which part of the event you are wanting to attend. Only want to attend the day events (such as vendors, entertainment, demonstrators, heavy events, highland dancers, etc)? Then you will want the Gate Admission ticket options. Want to attend everything that GOTCHF has to offer (the day events plus the pig roast supper and the ceilidh)? Then you will want the All Day Package options.
- Next, choose the respective tickets based on the age of who the ticket is for.
- Have a large family or a large group? Family and group rates available. Please email us for more information at email@example.com, Subject Line: Family/Group Rates
I'm not Scottish. Is this an event I would still enjoy?
- Absolutely! It is a fun-filled day full of entertainment! Stay tuned for a finalized schedule of events, or take a gander at our previous Gathering of the Clans events that we have held!
I'm from out of town. Is there anywhere that I can stay overnight?
- Definitely! There are a variety of hotels, motels, and campsites in the area. Here are some:
- Town of Killam: Wagon Wheel Motel, Killam Krossing, Centellial Park Campground, Lagoona Beach RV Park
- Town of Sedgewick: The Wick Motel, Sedgewick Lake Park
- Village of Lougheed: Trout Pond Campground
- Town of Hardisty: List of Camping Options, Super 8, Solitaire Lodge, R&R Inn and Suites, Lakeview R&R Inn, Hardisty Motel
Do I need to bring cash with me?
- We highly recommend you bring cash. While many vendors accept card, it is best to be safe and still bring cash! There is an ATM on site as well as a Vision Credit Union on Main Street when you need to withdraw cash during the day.
I'd like to plan my day. Is there a detailed schedule of events?
- We are fine tuning all of the wonderful events for the day as we speak! As soon as it is available, we will send you an email with the finalized schedule (assuming you've registered for tickets). If you haven't yet purchased tickets, follow our Facebook Event or keep checking the schedule shown below!
How do I get to the location?
- If you haven't been to Sedgewick before, don't worry! It's a simple town to navigate. You can either google "Wild Rose Coop Recreation Centre", or turn off of Highway 13 into Sedgewick, go past the train tracks, and turn left AFTER the second stop sign.
I have dietary restrictions. What will there be for me to eat?
- Depending on what your dietary restrictions are, weare sure there will be food for you to eat! If you have any particular questions, feel free to email us and we would be happy to help you! @firstname.lastname@example.org
Have any other questions that haven't been answered?
- Send us an email at email@example.com
Vendor Village Open
- All Day Package$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- AllDay Package- Age 12 & Under$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0
- All Day Package- Age 5 & Under$0$00$0
- Gate Admission$20$200$0
- Gate Admission- Age 12 & Under$10$100$0
- Gate Admission- Age 5 & Under$0$00$0
- Discounted All Day Package$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0