Gathering of the Clans Highland Festival
Time & Location
The Gathering of the Clans Highland Festival is an outdoor public event organized by the Flagstaff Scottish Club.
Saturday, August 22, 2020
Wild Rose Coop Recreation Centre
It's a day full of Scottish activities, such as heavy games, highland dancing, a petting zoo, artisan and food vendors, and more. The day concludes with a pig-roast dinner, followed by a Ceilidh (dance) performed by the band Cabot's Crossing.
Last year, we had over 900 people in attendance, along with 5 Clan Tents, 6 Demonstrators, 9 Alcohol and Food Vendors, 15 Forms of Entertainment, 31 Tents in the Vendor Village, and more.
General Schedule of Events
10:00am: Gates Open
10:00am: Artisan Vendor Village Opens
11:00am: Opening Ceremonies
12:00pm: Entertainment Begins
4:00pm: Vendor Village Closes
4:00pm: Tug-o-War Competition
4:30pm: Closing Ceremony
5:00pm: Pig-Roast Supper
7:00pm: Ceilidh (dance)
The Pig-Roast Supper is provided by _____.
*There are a limited number of supper tickets available.*
Ceilidh (Dance)- pronounced kay-lee
A ceilidh is a Scottish word for a social gathering involving dancing and live music. What better way to conclude the day than by dancing the night away to the music of Cabot's Crossing! And of course, there will be a bar!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to bring my ticket with me?
- Yes! Please bring a copy of your ticket(s) with you to ensure checkin goes as smoothly as possible
Will I be able to buy my tickets in person on the day of the event?
- You will definitely be able to buy gate access and ceilidh tickets on the day of the event! However, you risk the supper tickets being sold out due to the limited quantity available on a first come first serve basis.
There are a lot of ticket options. How do I know which one(s) to choose?
- They seem overwhelming at first! We want to be as accomodating to families as possible so there are a variety of prices available if you are bringing along kiddos 12 years old or younger. We also have Package Deals for those of you who are wanting to experience everything the Gathering of the Clans has to offer!
- Regular Tickets: For individuals ages 13 years and over
- Child Tickets: For children ages 12 years and younger
- Individual Package: Includes gate entry, supper, and ceilidh for one person ages 13 years and over
- Family Package: Includes gate entry, supper, and ceilidh for 2 individuals over 13 years and 2 children 12 years and under.
- Example: A family of 5 want to attend everything, with children aged 8, 11, and 14. You would buy one family package and one individual package.
- Example: A family of 5 want to attend everything, with children aged 11, 14 and 17. You would buy ______________!!!!
I'm not Scottish. Is this an event I would still enjoy?
- Absolutely! It is a fun-filled day full of entertainment! Stay tuned for a finalized schedule of events, or take a gander at our previous Gathering of the Clans events that we have held!
I'm from out of town. Is there anywhere that I can stay overnight?
- Definitely! There are a variety of hotels, motels, and campsites in the area.
- Town of Killam: Clan Malcom Manor, Wagon Wheel Motel, Killam Krossing, Centellial Park Campground
- Town of Sedgewick: Sedgewick Lake Park Campground, The Wick Motel
- Village of Lougheed: Trout Pond Campground
Do I need to bring cash with me?
- We highly recommend you bring cash. While many vendors accept card, it is best to be safe and still bring cash! There is a Vision Credit Union on Main Street if you need to withdraw cash during the day.
I'd like to plan my day. Is there a detailed schedule of events?
- We are fine tuning all of the wonderful events for the day as we speak! As soon as it is available, we will send you an email with the finalized schedule (assuming you've registered for tickets). If you haven't yet purchased tickets, follow our Facebook Page or keep checking on our website page!
How do I get to the location?
- If you haven't been to Sedgewick before, don't worry! It's a simple town to navigate. You can either google "Wild Rose Coop Recreation Centre", or turn off of Highway 13 into Sedgewick, go past the train tracks, and turn left AFTER the second stop sign.
I have dietary restrictions. What will there be for me to eat?
- Depending on what your dietary restrictions are, I'm sure there will be food for you to eat! If you have any particular questions, feel free to email us and we would be happy to help you! @email@example.com
- Individual Package Deal$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- Gate Admission$15+$0.38 Service fee$15+$0.38 Service fee0$0
- Regular Supper Ticket$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0
- Regular Ceilidh Ticket$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0