Sat, Jan 21|
Killam Community Hall
15th Annual Robbie Burns Dinner & Dance
In support of the Battle River Pipes and Drums.
Time & Location
Jan 21, 4:30 p.m.
Killam Community Hall, 4929 50th Street Killam AB T0B 2L0
What is a Robbie Burns Dinner and Dance?
A Burns supper is a celebration of the life and poetry of the Scottish poet Robert Burns.
Click "More Details >" immediately below for more event details and FAQs
Individual Tickets - $75 + fees per ticket.
Table of 8 - $550 + fees per table.
NOTE- on the map, tickets will reflect as "$68.75". This is the breakdown of price per seat for a table. Total will come to $550 when reserving a table.
*You will be able to choose your own seating placement.
Our event features:
Prime Rib and Haggis Supper
Live music from Fraid Knot
Bonnie Knees contest
Whisky tasting featuring 4 different scotches
Tributes to Robert Burns
Pipe Band Performances
General Schedule of Events
4:30 - Doors Open
5:00 - Bar opens
5:45 - Welcomes and Piping in the Haggis
6:00 - Supper is served (Prime Rib, Haggis, Mashed Potatoes and Turnips, Peas, Salads and Sticky Toffee Pudding)
7:30 - Program Starts
9:00 - Fraid Knot takes the stage
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a chance that Robbie Burns will be cancelled?
- Unfortunately, yes. As an indoor public gathering event, the status of our event is dependant on the provincial restrictions in place.
Do I need to bring my ticket with me?
- Yes! Please bring a copy of your ticket(s) with you to ensure checkin goes as smoothly as possible.
Will I be able to buy my tickets in person on the day of the event?
- No. Due to the limited capacity, tickets will only be sold in advance and sales will end on January 11th.
I want to buy a table. How many people sit at a table?
- There will be 8 people per table.
I want to buy a table. Do I get to choose where my group sits?
- Yes, you will be able to choose where your group sits.
I am purchasing individual tickets, not a table. Do I get to choose where I sit?
- Yes, you do.
Are kids allowed to attend?
- While most of our events are family friendly, our Robbie Burns supper is not intended for attendees under the age of 18.
I'm from out of town. Is there anywhere that I can stay overnight?
- Definitely! There are a variety of hotels, and motels in the area. Here are some:
- Town of Killam: Wagon Wheel Motel, Killam Krossing
- Town of Sedgewick: The Wick Motel
- Town of Hardisty: Super 8, Solitaire Lodge, R&R Inn and Suites, Lakeview R&R Inn, Hardisty Motel
- Some of these venues may be booked for the weekend already so be sure to call them in advance.
Do I need to bring cash with me?
- Yes. This is a big fundraiser for our Battle River Pipes and Drums. Cash will be needed for bar sales, whisky tasting, Reverse Bingo, and will be encouraged for the Silent Auction.
- There is an ATB ATM and Vision Credit Union ATM across the street, if needed.
What shoud I wear?
- This is a formal event so be sure to wear your finest outfit, whether that be your family kilt or black tie outfit.
How do I get to the location?
- It will be hosted at the Killam Community Hall on main street of Killam, AB.
Have any other questions that haven't been answered?
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Prime Rib Supper